A refreshing way to see "dieting"Feb 28, 2023
I have never been a “dieter." Honestly, prior to my health journey, I think I loved food too much to give anything up or to deprive myself from certain foods.
I will admit, in the 90’s, I was a calorie counter. I would buy those Snackwell 100 calorie pack cookies and crackers and genuinely thought I was doing great! I’m sure you can relate.
Yo-yo Dieting Isn't Good for our Bodies
I have friends (very close friends) and family that are chronic yo-yo dieters. I watch them go all in, lose weight, and stop. Then months later (or annually), I will see them do it again; like a hamster on a wheel. Endlessly gain then lose. Eat whatever, then follow some strict diet.
I am not a fan of this lifestyle personally or professionally. It can’t be good for our physical bodies to have all that fluctuation with weight and with food choices. It’s very confusing for our physical body and our emotional relationship with food.
Back in January, I hosted a virtual event where I challenged the 339 people who joined me to try something new this year. During that 5-day event, I asked them to erase all their history with diets and scales. Wipe the slate clean.
During that 5-day FREE event, I explained how I believe if we can shift our focus to an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle, our weight will naturally begin to go where it needs to be.
It can be quite liberating to let go of all that counting and measuring and scale stepping.
If you think about it, eating foods that are anti-inflammatory is going to do a few things.
- You will be eliminating certain foods that cause weight gain. Foods like dairy, gluten, white sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
- Your body will lower it’s chronic inflammation and ultimately will lower your wasteline in the process.
- Focusing on eating those healthy, anti-inflammatory foods will offer you freedom from diets, counting, and stressing over what you eat all the time.
I’ve been teaching healthy eating and cooking since 2108, but I have been putting HUGE focus on chronic inflammation over the past 3 years because I believe that is the starting point. It’s the starting point for a healthy weight and for a healthier body (inside and out).
If you want to begin an anti-inflammatory lifestyle, whether it’s for weight loss OR to help maintain a healthier lifestyle, I would LOVE for you to join my next FREE virtual event.
March Makeover Masterclass!
- The March Makeover is a 3-day virtual event that is FREE!
- I will be focusing on the very basics of chronic inflammation and how we can help control it through food.
- For 3 days, I will offer you information and encouragement around ways to reduce chronic inflammation.
- Each day you will watch a 15-20 minute video. All the videos are pre-recorded so you can watch them at a time that fits your busy schedule.
How would it feel to completely wipe out dieting?
How empowering would it be to learn a sustainable way to eat that leaves you feeling full AND the food tastes delicious?!
Would you love to whip together a meal that’s delicious AND healthy?
Join me as I inspire you to shift your thinking from diets and deprivation to an anti-inflammatory lifestyle filled with yummy foods!
Click HERE to join the FREE 3-day virtual event with me!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.